Courtesy of Food Network. Serves 10.
Delicious creamy pumpkin cheesecake with lower fat using Michigan Brand Cottage Cheese
- GINGER SNAP CRUST:
- 15 ginger snaps
- 2 tablespoons apricot or peach jam, melted
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces tub-style light cream cheese (not fat-free), at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Michigan Brand Nonfat Cottage Cheese
- 1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 egg whites
- Optional: walnuts
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8 or 9-inch springform pan with nonstick vegetable-oil spray.
To make the crust: In a food processor or blender, grind the ginger snaps until crumbly. In a large bowl, combine the ginger snap crumbs and melted jam with a fork. Mix until blended and press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat together the fat-free cream cheese and light cream cheese with an electric mixer on the lowest speed until blended. Beat in the sugar.
In a food processor or blender, puree the cottage cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, flour, allspice, and cloves. Blend until smooth. Add the pumpkin mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix just until blended. Add the egg whites and mix just until blended. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake 80 minutes, or until the cheesecake puffs and the center is almost set. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. To serve, run a knife around the sides to loosen the cake. Release the pan sides. Cut into wedges. Optional: garnish with walnuts.