- 1 cup Michigan Brand low fat cottage cheese
- 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion or ½ medium onion, minced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ -1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, for garnish
Place cottage cheese in a food processor and process until smooth.
Squeeze excess water from defrosted spinach; reserve.
Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper, and sauté until onions are soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add nutmeg, spinach, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until warmed through. Turn off heat and add pureed cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir until warmed through.
Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with a little paprika, if desired.